We are currently running an Eco-Wise Action Course at the Milang Community Centre on Tuesday afternoons. Yesterdays topic was Climate Change and Energy which included a good bit of information about how you can reduce your electricity bills at home while at the same time reducing greenhouse gas emissions and your overall environmental footprint.
There is a Government funded scheme that most of us have not yet taken advantage of called the SA Residential Energy Efficiency Scheme (REES) under which electricity retailers (all of them) are obliged to meet a target to reduce greenhouse gas emissions. Call your electricity provider who can visit you to fit your house with free energy saving products. If you live in a rural area you may need a few residents in your area to call before they will send someone out to visit all of you in the same trip. Don’t forget it’s FREE.
There are so many Up-coming events at the moment – check it all out on page 6 & 7.
Best Wishes, Amelia
Also this week:
- Eco-Wise Action
- The History Spot – The Boomerang and Aviation, Aboriginal Inventor at Work
- Funding Available for Community Coastal Care Projects
- From Woody Weeds to free mulch
- Edible Plants – Muntrie
- CAP Member Profile
- Propagation for next year’s planting underway
- It’s almost Frog Season!
- GWLAP successful in receiving Biodiversity Fund dollars
- Up-Coming Events, On the Level & Calendar