In August 2009 Ken Strother joined the Goolwa to Wellington Local Action Planning Association as the Project Officer for the fencing of Lake Albert as part of the CLLMM Revegetation Program. In 2010 he joined Coorong Tatiara LAP as Revegetation Project Officer and is retiring from this position this week.
Ken’s family have been in the Lake Albert district since his mother’s family arrived in 1907, and he provides a wealth of local historical and botanical information.
Narrung School was where Ken gained his Primary Education before attending Meningie Area School for his Secondary Education.
On leaving school Ken worked on the family farm where he learnt about lakeshore erosion and Ken was instrumental in the establishment of reed beds in the Lower Lakes to help stabilise erosion.
Ken is a keen photographer and specialises in taking close-ups of native vegetation. Ken is also custodian of a lot of historic photos of the Lake Albert region and has produced a number of CD’s of photos available for purchase.
All the best Ken, from the team at GWLAP and the Lakes Hub!
Also this week:
- Best Wishes Ken Strother!
- Successful Planting on the Weekend
- Rodwell Ck/Wistow Landcare Group invitation
- Job Opportunity
- Smart PC Donation Program
- Conservation Council SA Awards
- 2013 SA Landcare Awards
- Council Supporting Community Groups
- Orange Bellied Parrot ID Session
- Milang Snipe Sanctuary Proposed Env Watering Trial
- Up Coming Events
- History Spot – Launch of the Cadell at Goolwa