More than 60 people enjoyed a delicious Bush Tucker Morning tea and helped celebrate the launch of the 2013 Community Planting Season at Milang Commonage on Wednesday 5th June for World Environment Day. Will Miles (Community Revegetation Coordinator) from the GWLAP Officially launched the Community Planting Season and all of the students from Eastern Fleurieu School Milang came along to help plant some native Australian edible plants that will form a Bush Food Garden for locals to enjoy in years to come. The students did a great job planting, putting on tree guards and watering-in and showed their knowledge and motivation for planting trees and had a great time! Keep your eye out for more Bush Food activities, and let me know what YOU are interested in.
Best Wishes, Amelia
In this week’s issue:
- World Environment Day Report
- Point Sturt District Landcare Group Community Planting Days
- Milang Historical Society Community Planting Day
- Coorong Country Maps Available at Lakes Hub
- Native Vegetation Council Prescribed Burning Guidelines
- New Natural Resources SA MDB Website
- National Science Week SA Grants
- Nominations Open for NRM & Landcare Awards
- Photo Competition Invasive Animal CRC
- Interested in Bush Tucker Tour?
- Pygmy Bluetoungue Lizard Re-discovered
- Caterpillar ID from Camp Coorong
- Up-Coming Workshops