There is a buzz of excitement in the Lakes Hub office as the Community and Commercial planting begins! The nurseries have had their final Quality Assurance Inspections, MDCA and GWLAP have finalised employment & training of staff, organised community groups, contractors & site preparation and are ready to plant! A central Holding Station for plants grown at various nurseries has been set up at Clayton Nursery and another on Hindmarsh Island to manage logistics more effectively.
Jill Dennis has officially taken over as Manager at the Milang Nursery and Carole Richardson at Clayton Nursery.
Heads up about events over the next few weeks – May 27th to June 3rd is Reconciliation Week and we will be featuring articles related to this important event in next weeks bulletin.
World Environment Day is Wednesday June 5th – see page 2 for more information and put this in your diary as we will be holding the official launch of the 2013 planting season in Milang.
Hope to see you there! Cheers, Amelia
In this weeks issue:
- Cold Weather Activity
- World Environment Day 2013
- Planting Season Official Launch
- Friends of Parks Awards, Community Achievement Awards & Environmental Scholarships
- Sit for your Boat Licence in Victor Harbor
- Expressions of Interest – Community Advisory Roles
- Meningie Tourism Launch – report
- The History Spot – Bushranger ‘Birdman of the Coorong’
- Up-Coming Events & Courses