On Sunday a number of groups including Meningie Lions Club and Meningie Progress Association/Friends of Meningie participated in Clean-up Australia Day. The Meningie Progress Association cleaned up on the foreshore of Lake Albert adjacent to the town covering an area of 1600m², while Meningie Lions Club ventured far and wide collecting rubbish. Unfortunately the Meningie Lions Club group encountered some bees in a cardboard box and a number of members were stung resulting in a visit to casualty for treatment.
Also in this weeks’ Bulletin:
- Climate Change Causing Catastrophic Weather
- 2013 World Environment Day Awards
- Climate Change Event in Adelaide 14th March
- Leafy Sea Dragon Festival
- Monitoring Training for NRM Staff
- Up-Coming Events: Oil Mallee & Sandalwood Field Day, International Women’s Day etc