After a fantastic weekend at Milang for the “Yesterday’s Power Rally” there are still plenty of events coming up all around the lakes. This week also kicks off the Goolwa Regatta Week, have a look at www.goolwaregattaweek.com.au for more info, culminating in the Milang to Goolwa Freshwater Classic.
Last year’s Freshwater Classic was the first time it had been run since before the drought conditions, and the first time I had been here to witness so many boats on the water at Milang. It was an epic sight. Australia Day (Sat) will see some activity for the Milang Regatta Club, ahead of the big race Sunday, and Meningie hosts it’s Fun Run and Breakfast.
There’s plenty more too, check out the calendar, and other details inside! Have a safe and happy Australia Day weekend, and enjoy our beautiful environment,
Also this week:
- Lakes Hub Milang new opening hours 8am-4pm
- Photo credits
- Totally Wild Frog Research TV Segment
- Pobbybonk Reserve Looking Great
- SAMDBNRM Board DRAFT Business Plan
- World Wetlands Day Friday 1st Feb Research & Monitoring Presentations AGENDA
- Volunteer Opportunities at Yookamurra & Brookfield
- Up-Coming Events – Barossa Bushgarden Tour
- Herbicide Resistance Seminar
- Oil Mallee and Australian Sanalwood Field Day