An exciting week this week, with the Prime Minister visiting Goolwa on Friday to announce a change to the Murray Darling Basin Plan to allow an extra 450 GL of water by an injection of $1.7 billion over 10 years to upgrade river systems.
The State Government of South Australia, with overwhelming community support, has been campaigning for a minimum of 3200 GL for environmental flows.
The Federal Government has also released $265 million to fund water recovery and industry regeneration projects in South Australia.
Also this week:
- New targets for a healthier system
- Waterbird aerial surveys in the Lower Lakes and Coorong
- Communtiy Advisory Panel (CAP) Communique
- Fish Monitoring & Frog Monitoring
- This Week in the News
- Warm Weather – Snake Warning
- Community Update: DEWNR cryptic and breeding bird surveys
- Talking Heads: CLLMM Bird monitoring project